Contemporary tourism is one of the most promising sectors, both on international and national levels. Its contribution to the economic growth and development of the Republic of Croatia, especially its coastal area, has been indisputable for decades, and according to all forecasts it will remain as such in the future. But in spite of its very significant contribution to societal and economic development, tourism in Croatia was most commonly developed in a spontaneous and unplanned fashion, which certainly contributed to the lack of knowledgable and capable personnel leaving the country unable to cope with the challenges of contemporary global tourism. In such a situation, it is logical that the rapid growth of tourism demand still generates conflict situations, not only in economic but also in socio-cultural and ecological-spatial domains.
In order to guide the development of tourism along principles of social responsibility and sustainability, specialists with specific skills and knowledge will be needed to successfully deal with developmental challenges, both at the micro level (i.e. tourism-related businesses) and macro level (i.e. destination management). Students who complete the graduate programme in Tourism and Hotel Management are able to perform complex managerial roles in various tourism and hospitality organizations and deal with challenges in the global tourism marketplace.
Students who have successfully completed this programme work in global hotel chains, small and medium-sized hotels, destination-management companies, tour operators, and agencies which offer a variety of specialized tourist products, among others.
- completed four-year high school
- completed relevant undergraduate university study programm or equivalent
- university bachlor of economics or similar,
- university bachlor of unrelated programmes with the obligation to enroll in additional courses for future education,
- student with master degree of unrelated programmes with the obligation to enroll in additional courses for future education,
- profesional bachlor of economics (with 180 ECTS credits) and with completed Program for acquiring requirements for enrollment in graduate studies
||graduate university study programme
||List of courses
|intended learning outcomes:
GENERIC LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Critically evaluate problems according to the relevant methodology, literature and data
- Concisely and reasonably present positions, insights, and ideas, as well as problems and solutions, to experts and lay people
- Combine quantitative methods and ICT to solve economic / business issues in the management of tourism
- Develop communication and cooperation in different business and cultural environments
- Build personal and team responsibilities in solving complex economic / business problems in tourism
- Integrate the principles of ethics and social responsibility into decision-making
GENERAL LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Critically evaluate the activities of tourism as a generator of growth and development
- Assess the impacts of tourism activities on natural and built environments, as well as humanity
- Recommend suitable instruments for managing the influences / consequences of tourism activities
- Critically assess the elements of managing public and private tourist operators
- Establish plans for the improvement of tourism operator business
|Field of study intended learning outcomes:
||By completing the graduate university study program, a student can continue studies at this or other faculty or university at postgraduate doctoral studies at home or abroad, with possible obilgaition to enroll in additional courses arising from the specifics of the different programs as prescribed by the university or faculty acts.
||Master of economics