We continue the international webinar series on current economics topics organized by the Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, Split in cooperation with ERSA Croatia (Croatian Section of the European Regional Science Association).
The world economy is currently facing significant challenges, with particularly dramatic consequences for the tourism sector. How to survive the "new reality"? What past lessons can we use to get as ready as possible in responding to the challenges? What are the options that are being explored and prepared in other regions, and which ones can give us new ideas and point us to the right direction? We will share our thoughts on these and many other issues with professor João Romão from International Tourism and Business, Yasuda Women's University, Japan. He is the member of the Regional Academy of Sciences, and co-president of the NECTAR cluster on Leisure, Tourism and Recreation.
Make a note in your calendars for Tuesday June 09, 2020 at 2 p.m.
- Lecture title: Tourism, smart specialization, growth and resilience
- Guest lecturer: João Romão (International Tourism and Business, Yasuda Women's University, Japan)
Assessing the overall impacts on growth and resilience of:
- tourism dynamics (demand, specialization)
- linkages between tourism and other activities (smart specialization)
- other regional characteristics (capital, labor, technology)
The webinar is held via Zoom and is open to the public. Login is not required. Zoom link to access the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/93064726626