Nowadays, tourism is the fastest growing economic sector in the world and a backbone of economic development of the Republic of Croatia, Splitsko-dalmatinska County and the City of Split. Croatia attracts tourists more with its intact natural resources and rich cultural and historical heritage than with the overall competitiveness of tourism offering.
Undergraduate Professional Programme in Tourism operations provides students to with current knowledge and skills required for work in a variety of tourism entities starting from small and medium-sized hotels, tourist and travel agencies, hospitality companies as well as for independent entrepreneurial career in tourism, hotel and hospitality industries.
This programme educates professionals who are ready to engage in management processes and to cope with the challenges of the global tourism market.
- completed four-year high school
- passed state matura exam (high school leaving state exams)
- Croatian Language - basic level
or Native language for EU citizens
- English language - basic level
if english is native language than first foreign language will be taken into account
- Mathematics - basic level
||undergraduate professional study programme
||List of courses
|intended learning outcomes:
GENERIC LEARNING OUTCOMES :
- Concisely and reasonably present positions and insights, ideas, problems and solutions
- Analyse business problems in tourism by applying quantitative methods and ICT
- Develop communication and cooperation in different business situations in domestic and international environments
- Solve business tasks while respecting the principles of ethics and social responsibility
GENERAL LEARNING OUTCOMES:
- Identify and link the business activities of small enterprise in tourism
- Sketch a business idea in tourism
- Analyse the characteristics and elements of the tourism system
- Analyse the role of different resources in tourism business
- Differentiate the financial, marketing, operational and legal specificities of a tourist offer holder
- Identify indicators of success in tourism business
|Field of study intended learning outcomes:
||By completing the undergraduate professional study program, a student can continue studies at graduate professional programme or other graduate programmes at this or other faculty or university at home or abroad, with possible obilgaition to enroll in additional courses arising from the specifics of the different programs as prescribed by the university or faculty acts.
||professional title Bachelor of economics