Journal of Contemporary Management Issues (ISSN 1331-0194)
Electronic version of the Journal, published by
Faculty of Economics Split, Croatia
Quick access to relevant information:
Editorial board - Aims and scope - In memory of our late Editor-in-Chief -
Ethical and plagiarism guidelines adopted by the Journal
Availability and open-source publishing - Abstracting and indexing - Licensing
Call for papers for the
Special issue on Education Management, Leadership and Effectiveness in South East, East-Central Europe, Baltic and Nordic Regions: Policies, Practices and Implications,
in co-operation with the Scientific Center of Excellence for School Effectiveness and Management
PLEASE NOTE: Publishing of the SPECIAL ISSUE (Vol. 24) of the Journal is planned for early 2019
Address of the Editorial office:
University of Split, Faculty of Economics,
c/o Nikša Alfirević - Editor
Cvite Fiskovica 5, 21000 Split, Croatia,
T: +385 21 430 601, +385 21 430 657,
F: +385 21 430 701
E-issue available at:
As of 2018, Editorial board of the journal consists of the following researchers:
1. Željana Aljinović Barač, Sveučilište u Splitu (HR)
2. Maja Arslanagić, Univerzitet u Sarajevu (BA)
3. Jovo Ateljević, Univerzitet u Banjoj Luci (BA)
4. Fawaz Baddar, IESEG Ecole de commerce (FR)
5. Danica Bakotić, Sveučilište u Splitu (HR)
6. Biljana Crnjak Karanović, Sveučilište u Splitu (HR)
7. Tomaž Čater, Univerza v Ljubljani (SI)
8. Maja Čukušić, Sveučilište u Splitu (HR)
9. Matilda Dorotić, BI Handelshoyskolen (NO)
10. Milena Dragičević Šešić, Univerzitet umetnosti (RS)
11. Veselin Drašković, Univerzitet Crne Gore (CG)
12. Jozef Dziechciarz, Uniwersytet Ekonomiczny we Wrocławiu (PL)
13. Renata Franc, Institut Ivo Pilar (HR)
14. Robert M. Grant, Universita' Bocconi (IT)
15. Philipp Hallinger, Mahidol University (TH)
16. Alma Harris, University of Bath (UK)
17. Iraj Hashi, Staffordshire University (UK)
18. Tomislav Hernaus, Sveučilište u Zagrebu (HR)
19. Michael Hughes, University of Aberdeen (UK)
20. Marija Kaštelan Mrak, Sveučilište u Rijeci (HR)
21. Thomas Lange, Middlesex University (UK)
22. Josef Langer, Alpen Adria Universitat Klagenfurt (AT)
23. Branka Marasović, Sveučilište u Splitu (HR)
24. Brano Markić, Ekonomski fakultet Sveučilišta u Mostaru (BA)
25. Dario Miočević, Sveučilište u Splitu (HR)
26. Robert E. Morgan, Cardiff University (UK)
27. Dennis P. Nickson, University of Strathclyde (UK)
28. Vedran Omanović, Göteborgs Universitet (SE)
29. Jurica Pavičić, Sveučilište u Zagrebu (HR)
30. Primož Pevcin, Univerza v Ljuljani (SI)
31. Sanja Pfeifer, Sveučilište u Osijeku (HR)
32. Vojko Potočan, Univerza v Mariboru (SI)
33. Dražen Prelec, MIT (US)
34. Paulette Robic, Universite de Nantes (FR)
35. Isabel Rodriguez, University of Surrey (UK)
36. Amit Sharma, Penn State University (US)
37. Slavica Singer, Sveučilište u Osijeku (HR)
38. Ewa Stańczyk-Hugiet, Wrocław University of Economics (PL)
39. Nebojša Stojčić, Sveučilište u Dubrovniku (HR)
40. Miha Škerlavaj, BI Handelshoyskolen (NO)
41. Vlatka Škokić, Sveučilište u Splitu (HR)
42. Milica Uvalic, Universita degli Studi di Peruggia (IT)
43. Ivona Vrdoljak Raguž, Sveučilište u Dubrovniku (HR)
44. Srđan Zdravković, Bryant University (US)
45. Nada Zupan, Univerza v Ljubljani (SI)
46. Lajoš Žager, Sveučilište u Zagrebu (HR)
This Journal is published in two issues a year.
Publishing of the Journal is generously supported by financial assistance from the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports of the Republic of Croatia.
We do NOT charge any author fees and strictly apply the double-blind peer review process.
Last (regular) issue of the Journal (Vol. 23, No. 2)
has been published online in December 2018
Next issue of the Journal (Vol. 24, Special issue)
will be published online in February/March 2019
AIMS OF THE JOURNAL
Management – Journal of Contemporary Management Issues is an international academic journal, with the primary aim of disseminating the relevant scientific knowledge and information in the field of management and other related fields. We are committed to the practice of anonymous peer review and open access. We seek to encourage the scientific dialogue among the Central-European and South-East European region with the developed market economies, as well as the emerging markets from Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia. Therefore, we strive to publish high-quality research in all fields of management, promoting development and competitiveness of individuals, organizations and societies.
SCOPE OF THE JOURNAL
The Journal deals with pressing problems, not only of general nature, but especially with those occurring in the countries in transition. In fact, it aims to cover functional issues, specific topics and general aspects of management related to all kinds of organizations – manufacturing and service companies, profit-making firms and non-profit organizations, private and public, as well as large and small enterprises.
Functional issues refer to the pressing problems of the four fundamental management functions:
- Identification of goals, choice of strategy, forecasting, elaboration of plans and budgets and decision making;
- Design and selection of organizational structure, design of internal relations system, as well as design of management system;
- Organizational behaviour, motivation, leadership, communication, groups and relations within the groups, interpersonal relations and conflicts;
- Control methods, control areas, information systems in controlling.
Specific topics will be related to the current problems in specific management areas and the production activities, such as:
- Finance, operations, marketing, sales, supplies, logistics, research and development, accounting, audit, human resources, costs, etc.;
- Industry, trade, hotel industry, banks, non-economic and public enterprises, branches, associations, cities, regions, etc.
Some general management problems will be also included in the Journal. These problems deal with the subject, goals and methods of the management science, theory of management, as well as with the ethics and social responsibility of management as a profession, etc. Special attention will be paid to the problems of strategic management which represents a synthesis of functional and other specific management fields.
IN MEMORY OF OUR LATE EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, PROF. MARIN BUBLE
We remember and honor our founder and late Editor-in-Chief Marin Buble.
A special issue of Management-Journal of Contemporary Management Issues, entitled The life and work of Professor Emeritus Marin Buble, (Vol. 20) has been published, as to provide a lasting memory of Professor Marin Buble.
Two chapters on the late Professor Marin Buble (in Croatian only), by Prof. Pere Sikavica and Prof. Zelimir Dulcic, have been published in the Book of Proceedings of the 5th South-east European (SEE) meeting & scientific conference of management departments – Entrepreneurial Society: Current Trends and Future Prospects in Entrepreneurship, Organization and Management
GUIDELINES FOR REVIEWERS - ETHICAL AND PLAGIARIASM GUIDELINES ADOPTED BY THE JOURNAL
Management - Journal of Contemporary Management Issues has voluntarily adopted the ethical and plagiarism guidelines, as recommended by the International standards for editors and authors, adopted at the Second World Conference on Research Integrity, held in Singapore (2010).
The adopted international standards can be consulted here:
Standards for editorial work - Standards expected from our authors
Along with ethical guidelines, the invited reviewers are advised to consult the following guidelines for reviewers.
AVAILABILITY AND OPEN-SOURCE PUBLISHING
As a service to academic community, Management - Journal of Contemporary Management Issues maintains its open-access repository at this Web site (http://www.efst.hr/management/). All issues of the Journal since 1998 are available for free - hosted by Faculty of Economics - University of Split, Croatia.
Full text of Management is also available through HRČAK - Portal of scientific journals of Croatia.
Management is included into the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
Our content is made available according to Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
ABSTRACTING AND INDEXING
Management is indexed and abstracted in SciVerse SCOPUS.
Management is indexed and abstracted in Clarivate Analytics Emerging Sources Citation Index.
This journal is indexed and abstracted in Journal of Economic Literature/EconLit, the electronic bibliography of the American Economic Association.
This journal is included into EBSCO Publishing bibliographic and research databases, which also makes it available in full-text.
Management is available electronically through products and services provided by ProQuest LLC. Management is indexed and abstracted by ProQuest International Bibliography of the Social Sciences - IBSS (see the current title list) and by ProQuest ABI/INFORM (see the current title list).
Management is included in ERIH Plus, maintained by Norwegian Social Science Data Services (NSD).
Management is included in IBZ Online (Internationale Bibliographie der geistes- und sozialwissenschaftlichen Zeitschriftenliteratur), maintained by DeGruyter.
Management is is available electronically through products and services provided by Gale/CENGAGE (including Academic OneFile).
Management is included into the Central and Eastern European Online Library, which makes it available in full text.
Management is included into Universal Impact Factor Journal Master List.
NATIONAL SCIENTIFIC RECOGNITION
This journal is recognized as a 'Level 1' journal by the The Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers, according to the Norwegian Scientific Index (Norsk vitenskapsindeks) criteria.
This journal is recognized as relevant for acedmic promotion in the Republic of Poland, included into the Index Copernicus Journal Master List and indexed by Index Copernicus.
This journal is featured by COBISS.si - Co-Operative Online Bibliographic System & Services and recognized as relevant for academic promotion in the Republic of Slovenia: see evaluation by the Slovenian Research Agency, available here and here.
Please, let us know, if you have additional information about the national scientific recognition for this journal, or would like to suggest a relevant national evaluation framework/database.
LICENSING OF THE JOURNAL CONTENT
All content published in the Journal is made freely available, immediately after publication, without any charges, to individual and institutional users. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in the open-access repository of this Journal (http://www.efst.unist.hr/management), without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author, according to the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.